Sunday, September 13, 2009

Taper

The start of the taper went well with 4 x 1hr runs completed during the week and a 4hr long run on Sat. As we were heading to the farm on Sat I decided it would be easier to leave at 7am and get Kate to pick me up at 11am giving me 4hrs of road/verge running. Made it to the public toilets in Jarradale (35kish) in 3:14 and wasn't to fussed about pushing too hard after this. My right knee was becoming quite sore from the camber of the road and by 3:30 I was only running for about 5min at a time as the knee was sore. Made it to 4hrs and then started walking and after another 15min Kate arrived. Pulled up really well although I had a hit of cricket yesterday and felt the knee twinge a few times.

Was planning on a 30k this Sat but will now only do 20k as I felt quite tired on the weekend. hopefully knock out some more 1hr runs this week but if the knee is sore then a few days off will be the order of the day. With only 13 days till the 100 miler it's time to recover, get fresh and get hungry for a good performance.

No comments: