Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Long Road to Recovery

Haven't posted in a while, work has been pretty busy and I haven't really done much to be honest as I am still trying to get over the 12hr race. 15k the week after the race and then started to build again with 83k the following week including a 2hr run on the weekend, which I pulled up really sore from. Ankle seems so be recovering well but I just get so sore during my runs. Last week I thought I was getting back on track with a couple of great 15k runs, one of which was 1:07.40 (32:26 second half). I think this actually made things a lot worse as I was sore the following day and sore during my 3hr run on the weekend.

I will be unlikely to start in the 40 miler now as I know I won't be ready to race the distance and if I'm not racing, I don't see the point. It will probably just take another few weeks to recover and that will seriously affect my 24hr preparations. I have just done 2 x 10k runs this week and although I am pretty sore after them, I am confident of gradually getting over the soreness.

I suppose the up side of taking so long to recover is that I and really looking forward to getting back into some good training. The first 3 months of the year have been quite solid and I should end up with roughly 1300k at the end of the month. This gives me a solid base to work with and then really pick things up over the next 8-10 weeks.

Nate

No comments: