Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A Change of Plans

After a slow week last week with only 54k and still feeling sore on Sunday I have decided not to run the nationals in June. I simply won't be ready and the last thing I want is another disaster like last year. Caboolture 24hr is now my focus although at the moment I'm probably only about 70% chance of running it.

This quad soreness is taking some serious time to heal and I am taking a complete week off this week to try and speed things up. Bunbury 50k is also out of the question as I really just want to get back into some decent training and racing will just set me back even further. April will be a complete right off with only about 150k, but I'm hoping that by resting now I will be able to resume training in May - giving me almost 3 months to get ready for Caboolture.

On a separate note, Dave ran an unbelievable 223k at Coburg last weekend to book himself a spot on the Australian Team for 2011. There are now 5 runners with 220k+ distances in the last 12 months so the team is filling up fast and the standards are sky rocketing. I can't run 220k at the moment, I feel that 210k would be my limit if I had a good race so I'm certainly not expecting to make the team any time in the near future. 200k remains my goal for the year, I just hope I can get back into training soon. The up side is I get to focus some more time on completing the first unit of my Masters, which is certainly much more intense than a bachelor degree.

Nate

No comments: