Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Renewed Vision

After an injury hampered 3 months I am finally back running well. I have decided that I need to not run anything over 100k for the next 18 months and work predominantly on my speed over shorter races (marathon to 100k). I am really enjoying running quicker at the moment and focusing on the City to Surf Marathon at the end of August, hoping to go sub 3hrs. Things are progressing well and I am happy with my speed and endurance.

After the City to Surf marathon the rest of the year is pretty solid with the Dwelliingup 50 miler (80k) at the end of September, Fremantle Half Marathon and Rottnest Marathon in October, a few shorter races in November (5k, 10k) and then the 6inch Trail Ultra (46k) in December. Looking forward to posting a few PB's between now and the end of the year.

Training-wise I am almost up to 100k/week which is where I want to be for the next 5-6 weeks. Long runs are up over 30k again with last weeks 32k completed in 2:25.08 and then a 3k warm down (35k in 2:40). Excited about the rest of the year and will be posting updates regularly.

Nate

No comments: