Sunday, July 25, 2010

Another Good Week

Another good week this week, cracking 100k for the first time since February. 4 Solid 1hr runs and a 30min run during the week had me well poised for a good total. After 2 weeks of fast long runs, decided to head for the hills for some strength and endurance training. Ran the 40k from North Dandalup to Kingsbury Rd return 40k in 3:45. I have a feeling some re-routing has made this run more like 41k and it is probably the hilliest 40k on the Munda Biddi. Felt good throughout, struggled up some of the hills but still ran the entire way, pretty much and even split so didn't slow down at all. Was planning on a negative split but the knees started to get a little sore hammering the downhills so eased off for the last 12k or so.

With 360k done in the last 4 weeks (80, 90, 90, 100) it is time for a rest week. I pulled up pretty sore after the long run this week so a rest week should do me good. Will continue running through the week but probably no long run as I'm heading to Geraldton on Saturday for work. Will focus on getting some speed in the legs this week in preparation for the Perth Half in 2 weeks.

Great to be stringing some good weeks together.

2 comments:

Stephen Opie said...

Hey Nathan, how long does it take you to run 100K?

Nate said...

Quickest I've done is around 10hrs 30min, but that was a 12hr race. If I was to race a 100k I'd be looking to go sub 9hrs