Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Strong Training Continues

January is almost over and although the 3rd training week was a little down (100k) I was still happy with the quality of some of the sessions. Main reason for the k's was I only managed 2hrs on Saturday as Kate was on a retreat and I was looking after Noah, who was sick. After easing back into it on Monday and Tuesday this week, I discovered that the Bunbury Runners Club were holding an Australia Day 5/10k on Wednesday. I was already in Bunbury and decided to run the 10k instead of a tempo run for the week. The goal was to go sub 40 and I wanted to be conservative in doing so. I have never broken 40min in a 10k race (although I have during a HM) so decided to go out at 4min/k and then kick at the end to go under. After getting stick at the start behind some very inconsiderate 'Runners' I was happy to go through the first k in exactly 4:00 and held this pace nicely to get to 9k in 36:00. A strong finish and I ended up finishing in approx 39:45. Very happy with the race as I went perfectly really and was a good solid hitout in preparation for the Busselton half in 10 days.

This will be my final training week before a decent taper leading into the half at Busselton, where I hope to go close to 84:00.

No comments: