Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekly Summary

A solid week with 4 good 15k runs during the week with the last one done slightly quicker (1:07). Rest on Friday and then 56k long run on Sat. Ran to Perth and then along Stirling Hwy to Cottosloe Beach for a swim and breakfast at C-Blue. Felt good covering the first 11k in 1hr and then once I hit the Freeway I picked up the pace. Eventually reaching the Narrows Bridge (45k) in 4:04. Eased off a bit after that as I didn't know how far it would be to Cottosloe but ended up covering 56k in 5:10 - and the swim was awesome!

Sunday I drove up to the Matilda Bay 10k and was tossing up whether to do the 4k or the 10k. Kept chopping and changing my mind and then I found myself running straight past the 4k turnoff so my decision was made. 4k in 16:36 then struggled for the next 3k before putting in a finishing kick with 2k to go. Ran 4:15 and 4:00 for the last 2k so happy to finish in 42:45 given the run the day before. I'll have to rock up fresh to one of these 10k runs one day!

Aim is for about 50k on the track this weekend with Dave before heading to the Ultra Seminar. Feeling really tired although getting 7hrs sleep a night (Friday was only about 5hrs), just all the early mornings are killing me so might have to schedule a PM run this week and sleep in till 6am one morning (as opposed to 4:30). Weekly Training log is below

No comments: