Sunday, January 31, 2010

Weekly/Monthly Summary

129k this week so my biggest of the year (by 2k) so far. Weekly runs were fairly non-eventful although I seem to be getting faster in the mornings which is good. 14k with Dave on Tuesday was tough but felt stronger for it. 60k long run at Perry Lakes was good. First 10k in 52:45, 2nd in 50:30, then eased off a bit to save the legs. Struggled at about the 40k mark and wanted to stop at 50k, Dave told me I had run the 10k between 30k and 40k in 50min, which may have contributed to me feeling bad. I slowed down and that seemed to help, finished in 5:59.30, would have been about 1 minute quicker but a blister burst with 3 laps to go which was pretty painful. Happy with the way I handled the track, although I need to remember to run slower.

535k for the month is a solid start to the year and a 5k and 10k race kept things interesting. I'm feeling stronger and seem to recover well from the long runs which is a good sign. Feb will be a big month with Busso Half marathon and 12hr race, can't wait. Detailed training week below

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep going Nathan you can do it!!