Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rest week/Taper

I felt I needed a rest week after a pretty solid 3 weeks and that was good as it coincided with the Busselton 1/2 on Sat. A few shorter runs during the week and a good run in Kings Park on Wednesday morning. Had an average race on Saturday, started right on pace for the first 5k and held a good pace to half way. I just seemed to fade over the last 10k and couldn't really get going as the legs felt pretty heavy. Finished in 1:26.15 which is 2 min down on last year.

I decided to have another rest on Sunday as I had to work in the morning and I know the next 2 weeks will be pretty big leading up to the 12hr race on the 28th. It's getting darker in the mornings now so it's that much harder to get up at 4:30 now, just gotta push through. Weekly log is below:

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Well done on a top shelf effort. You cant PB every time. Sounds like the momentum is building nicely. the times breakthrough will come eventually. was good to catch up with you and Kate briefly. A hard week, easy week pattern is a good way to go. Periodization helps to avoid injury and burnout, and optimize improvement, and performance ...well done!