Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Key Marathon Session this Week

This week I was planning on a 20k road run @ marathon race pace, or a little quicker. I had far from the ideal prep for it after eating some nasty Indian curry for lunch, which just didn't sit well with me at all. I felt really sick all afternoon, but by the time I'd started my run I was feeling somewhat better. It was extremely windy but I managed to push through 5k in 22.30 and then 10k in 44.20. At the 10k mark my stomach was not feeling good at all and by 12k I was vomiting in a bush next to the path. At this point I decided to just head home the quickest possible route and forget the 20k. Ended up with 17k in 1:19 so still an ok session even though not as good as I'd hoped. Oh well it happens, at least I'll be a little fresher in the morning.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

c-c-curry inn a hurrrrry