Wednesday, December 10, 2008

4000k reached

Just ticked off a bit of a milestone in my running career - 4000k for the calendar year! I was on target to achieve this last year however injury over the final 6 weeks prevented it from happening. Really, really happy to get it done this year especially considering I was injured for Jan, Feb and took about 6 weeks off (very little running) after Caboolture. Basically this means that I should get at least 4160k this year which works out to be an 80k average for 52 weeks.

While it's nice to tick off these little milestones I am well aware that I am only really starting my Ultra career and next year I will be looking at closer to 5000k. With my 2009 races including 6-foot, Coburg 6hr, Coburg 24hr, Bunbury 50k, Kep 100k, Another 24hr later in the year and 6-Inch as well as probably 3 marathons, training will need to be high and consistent. I am not one to shy away from a challenge, and I am well aware of the challenges that are to come. But I something that was said on Sunday during Church really spoke to me, Eph 4:1 '... I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have recieved.' I feel called to run and I am determined to live my life worthy of this calling.

Nate

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

Some really cool goal races there for 2009. Might be an idea to tee up some good sports massage, physio options too, if you have not already. Maybe start a book,DVD movie of your experiences too, many of us would love to share in, watch,read about them, plus Dean K. seems to have made a handy income from that. I wonder how many K's Kate has done this year? Must be a few too.

Remember that part of ones calling for God involves some of the less exciting sometimes mundane things like work,home,paying bills etc, its an honor that we get to praise the Maker with our running, make the most of it while you can, and remember to take time for other important things.
4000k done and God willing maybe the 5000k next year.