Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Next Chapter

Well, after Caboolture I needed some down time, so had 6 weeks with minimal running only (3 weeks of which I was working overseas). Have since began training again with my focus being the 6-Inch marathon (46k) in December. Just focusing on getting in some good marathon training and developing some consistency again (100k/week with a 30-40k long run).

2009 goals have been slowly emerging and the main goal is the Coburg 24hr where I will attempt to improve on my last 24hr and have a crack at 200k. Ambitious goal but I do think it is possible and feel confident that I can achieve it with the right training. After Coburg the goals may vary - I'd be lying if I said I hadn't thought about the Commonwealth Champs in Sept, but this is dependant on my Coburg performance.

I will possibly head over east in March to attempt the 6-foot, Coburg 6hr Double on the 14th-15th March. This would be my birthday present (18th March) and would involve running 6 Foot on Saturday, flying to Melbourne that night and running the Coburg 6hr Sunday morning. Sounds epic but shouldn't be too much more than what I will be doing at that point anyway. This would allow me to fine tune a few things for the 24hr which is 5 weeks later.

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

That 6foot 6hr double would be an awesome effort/incredible weekend experience if you pull it off. I'd advise you plan your travel very carefully if you do that, to make sure you make it to coburg in time.
looks like your birthday is in about the same week as mine. All the best with the 200K goal cool!
Tim. E (who runs the 24hr stuff) at Coburg has touched base with me on Facebook in the last week or two...
All the best with the 2009 plans and of course a little 45-46km race coming up soon...