Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A big few weeks

It's D-Day for my 100 miler prep and the next few weeks will tell the story. This Saturday will be a 32k run followed immediately by a 10k walk to make 42k total. Next weekend I'll do the Waterous loop (65k) by running 45k and then walking 20k, I expect this to take 8hrs. The following weekend I'd like to head down to the stirlings and have a crack at the ridgetop walk loop which would take aroud 10hrs of running/hiking in one of WA's only mountain ranges.

These three runs are all about testing the body to see how it copes, getting some good time on my feet and building strength. I feel that so long as I maintain a solid stretching program for my ITB'S after EVERY run I will avoid major problems. If I can get through these few runs then it's only 4 weeks to the 100 miler and I'll just look to run 40-50k each Saturday until race week, maybe run 30k the weekend before the 100 miler. Tapers are overated as all of my best runs have been done on little or no taper.

Nate

No comments: