Sunday, August 16, 2009

A Solid Week

87k this week which is pretty much the best training week in terms of volume for about 8-10 weeks. Was planning to do 30k on Sat but Kate remembered that we had our first mid-wife appointment at the hospital on Sat morning so changed the plans a litte. Ended up doing 20k Sat morning in 1:44.29 which included some decent hills. Ran the same course on Sunday morning in 1:44.26 so nice and consistent even though I had to work a little harder on Sunday. The best news is the knee held up well and only minor discomfort during the runs

Feeling unsure about the 100 miler, I'm so happy to be training again that I am really concerned about pushing too hard too soon and getting injured again. At the moment I still plan on being at the start line for the 100 although a likely scenario would be to run the 50 miles and then assess whether I feel I could continue without the risk of injury.

Waterous loop this weekend will be a test. Using Rob's 25/5 strategy I am confident of getting to 40k fairly comfortably, but whether I push on past that will be decided on the day.

No comments: