Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm Back Baby!!!!

Well I reckon I've finally shaken the latest round of injuries and can finally look forward to logging some decent k's in prep for the 100 miler.

Took Tiko for a 32k walk on Saturday and finished in 4:58 (with about 1.5k of running included). Felt awesome to get out for 5hrs again and get in a long session. Felt pretty tight in the afternoon so only ran for 2k. Sunday I was going to try for 1hr (longest run in over 4 weeks) and after a slow start, really picked up and finished running really strong - well under 5m/k by the end. The best part about it was despite feeling the tightness early on, after about 20 I felt good and today I don't feel any ill effects at all!

Will be looking for 1hr/day this week and hopefully a 20k run on the weekend (if I get time). If this goes well I'll be out for a 30k run next weekend - woohoo!!

As you can tell I'm pretty excited about all this, It's true what they say that you don't know what you've got till it's gone!

Nate

2 comments:

Epi said...

Great to hear things back on track.

I expect you to be storming past me at Six Inch this year!

Nate said...

Don't know about that as I'm more focused on a sub 3hr IM marathon, which is only 2 weeks before 6 Inch. All depends on recovery.