Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I'm a Dad

Now I know this is a running blog but this is a special post about the Birth of Noah Matthew Fawkes on 1st December at 5:01am. It's funny because Kate was told by the doctor that the birth would progress quickly - so I joked about her beating my marathon PB of 3:10. Well, she smashed me by giving birth in a total of 2hrs and 51minutes!! Waters broke at 2:10am Tuesday morning and Noah was born @ 5:01am.

Feels so good to finally have him here after waiting so long and Kate was amazing as she was not able to have any real pain relief because of the speed of progression.

Both Kate and Noah are doing well although I think Kate could use an extra few hours sleep. I am back at work today and then will take a few days off for the IM and of course to do baby stuff.

This week will probably be fairly light on for k's with around 80k including the marathon, but we'll see. I want to run everyday before the race and I just saw that Perth's forecast for Saturday is 37 degrees! Busselton will probably be 4-5 degrees cooler but we're still looking at 30+ for race day. If it's too hot then I'll just be in survival mode and won't push too hard at all.

Welcome to the world Noah

2 comments:

Epi said...

Congrats Nate,

Wont be long 'til he's out on the trails with you!

Craig

trailblazer777 said...

Congratulations! What Epi said.
wow thats a quick one from Kate.
Hope the IM went well. all the best with this challenging but rewarding time!
Kathryns been diagnosed with a virus so we thought we'd best stay away for a few days at least, but hope to visit soon.
As it was in the days of....