Monday, February 23, 2009

Feb week #3

Brought up the 1000km for the year this week, which is a nice little boost. Week started well with a couple of morning runs but then the tiredness caught up with me and ended up sleeping in on Wednesday and Thursday. This meant that I was forced to do my 20k run in the evening heat which wasn't nice and I struggled towards the end. Through in a speed session this week (tue pm). 3 x 2k building up, lap splits were 9:10, 8:10, 7:46. Not a real fast hit out but more than I usually do, was nice to clock a 7:46 on the last lap which felt good.

My through the night run on Friday didn't come off and I bailed @ 20k, luckily I have an understanding wife who came and picked me up :-) Decided to take Saturday off completely to recover somewhat, although I had to work. Went for a nanna nap at 6pm Sat night for 20 minutes and woke up at 8:30pm! So I got up, had a drink, said good night and went back to bed!

Up again at 3:30 Sunday for the postponed long run. Headed down to Mandurah along the rail trail and felt ordinary. Funny thing is that onceI arrived in Mandurah (32k) I started to feel good and decided to go for 50k rather than 40k. Made it back to the train station in 4:16, for what I estimated was 48k, then just another 3k home from the Rocko station to make it 50 with a bonus K if I needed it! Total time was 4:30 for 50k - not the quickest run but I was running strong toowards the end which is the main thing. Ended the week with 162k again.

Oh I almost forgot, after 50k Sun morning, we had the under 30 vs Over 30 Church T20 cricket game in the Arvo. I am the <30 captain so had to play and it was great fun. A couple of stumpings in the field then 30 with the bat. SHould have made more but took on the field 1 too many times and was run out - Doh! Ended up loosing again, dropped catches and misfields cost us and it was always going to be tough chasing 171 for victory in 20 overs. We we all out for 113, which although better than last year was still well below par - Considering Dave and Myself put on 50 for the first wicket. Next year

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

and so is logged another remarkable! week...
the cricket sounds pretty cool...