Thursday, February 5, 2009

Hit a snag

I've been carrying a slight foot problem since 6-Inch and it has finally got to the point where I need to check it out. Basically was getting quite sore around the foot/ankle area after 4hrs running. On wednesday it was sore after 1:30hrs and remained sore afterward. Ran yesterday and experienced some discomfort so I'm booked in for x-ray and ultra sound on Wed 11th. Hoping it's nothing too serious and just need a week or 2 to recover. Worst fear is a stress fracture which would mean 6-8 weeks, effectively ending my Commonwealth Championships bid this year as Coburg 24hr would be too close. I believe the Nationals are now in July so that might be an option if necessary.

Trying to keep my spirits high, just praying it's nothing serious. I'll still run the Busso half this weekend as I doubt I'll do any further damage and it's only mild discomfort. Been running with it for 7 weeks now so another few runs won't hurt.

No comments: