Monday, June 8, 2009

Good Bad Good Bad

Latest news on Nate's injury: Bought a new pair of shoes yesterday (Asics 1140's) and tried them out. I was concerned about my calf as you will see from yesterday's post and decided to try for an easy 30min jog. From the first few steps I took I felt like I was running on nice fluffly pillows! During the run I felt like my calves were healing themselves - it was incredibly. Very little pain from the calves at all and this makes me even more convinced that my Addidas Salvations had a big part to play in my injury plagued year. I don't think that were a good fit for me and I also don't think they lasted any where near as much as Asics, so after 3-400k they'd had it whilst I used them for another 300k.

Too soon to say whether this is the end of my calf issues, maybe I'll never see the end of them but I am feeling better about the whole thing. Hopefully I'll be able to complete all my sessions this week and continue on the path of trying to salvage something from the year. 1k intervals tonight, will try and go sub 3:30 for all of them.

Nate

No comments: