Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Hills

I am posting regularly at the moment as I have missed talking about my running as I have been unable to do it due to injury. It helps me get excited about things and I enjoy seeing improvements.

Hills last night and as I was driving home after work I could see the clouds looking pretty dark over Rocko. Sure enough, just out of Kwinana the heavens opened and I resigned myself to the fact that I was going to get wet. Grabbed the Dog, back to Kwinana and started the run. Was freezing and raining lightly but that was to be the end of it - no more raing for the remainder of the run!

I wasn't expecting to run too hard as it's been a while since I've done any hills. Basically took it easy going up and tried to pick up the pace on the downhills. Long story short came home in 49.35 (roughl 10k) which was my first time under 50 minutes for that course. Felt really good to score another Pb and I could really feel the speedwork paying off.

Tempo run tonight, couldn't complete it last week as I was sick so hopefully can get through without too many hassles. The plan is: 4k @ 4:50/k, 6k @ 4:00/k, 3k warm down. Time will tell