Sunday, June 21, 2009

Weekly Washup

92k this week so continuing to build up slowly. Work commitments meant I couldn't do the 1k reps session on Tuesday but had to settle for 1hr with 15min w/u - 5 x 2min hard w/ 3min recovery - 15min w/d. Tempo run went well with the first 4k in 18:41, 6k in 23:52, then 3k in 15 to finish a tough session.

Long run was the first real distance run for a while so unsure what to expect. First hour with Dave was quick - at least 13k and that sort of set the scene for the rest of the run coming through 47k in 3:47. I had to have a few little breaks towards the end as I was feeling pretty tired but survived ok. What I did realize was that there is no way I will be in decent form for Caboolture, I'm just not ready. So I won't be going, it just doesn't feel like the right thing to do and ever since deciding not to go I have felt at peace with the decision.

My right knee has pulled up fairly sore after the run - almost like I knocked it and it's bruised. Had to take Sunday off and quite possibly a few more days also. Hopefully I can be ready for a 30kTT this Sat to see whether I can go sub 3hr at Perth or not. By my calculations I'll need to do 2:07 for 30k to be on track. So we'll see what happens.

No comments: