Sunday, June 7, 2009

Weekly Washup

70k for the week, making it my biggest week in about 10 weeks!

Some good speed work and a 36k run on Saturday in 3:01 which I was a little surprised at. Although there was a 40 minute break in the middle as I came across a Pink and Grey Gala with it's feet bound and tied to a barbed wire fence! Called RSPCA and they sent someone out to have a look.

Calf was really sore on Sunday, which is just sooo frustrating it's not funny. What has a guy gotta do to get over this thing. I've been stretching like crazy and nothing ever seems to happen. Will try for a half hour run this arfternoon followed by about 20 minutes of stretching to see what happens.

It's getting beyond a joke now and I am really starting to doubt that Caboolture is going to happen. I mean it's only 8 weeks away and I am still not training well and haven't been for 2 months, 2009 is fast becoming a complete right off.

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

I feel a bit the same with my hammy problem. I guess we learn to live with/manage the injury or get it totally fixed through the medicos, either way if we don't look after out body enough it will keep coming back, and the further you run the more important it is to have injuries under control...Of course God may have other things for us to do, sometimes the direction we want to go in, isn't the direction he wants, so keep that in mind too...but usuall7y a slight re-focus of goals is all thats needed...I still think ultra running is something I'd rather leave until my late 40's maybe, but then again while the opportunity is there if you don't take it it might not be there later...
All the best with finding the best ways forward, remember that doing your best (the whole idea of PB's) for the Lord no matter what you do is whats important, variouys races etc are just tools for that main goal, so while it can be disappointing when things dont go the way you want, (e.g. my ankle explosion in melbourne last year and to a lesser extent in 6 inch last year), you just need to refocus or set new goals...

trailblazer777 said...

I see both you and Dave both have photos in the latest edition of R4YL (June/July page 88(nathan), page 48(dave))...I feel honored to know such famous people...