Thursday, June 4, 2009

Revitalised

Been a while since my last post and what a couple of weeks it's been. I don't use the word depression lightly but that's exactly what I experience after the dnf at the 50k. The lowest point in my running career by far but things are slowly but surely picking up again.

I'm focusing now on getting back to basics and have devised a typical training week which includes Tempo run, intervals, recovery and long run and will just be slowly building up. Even after 1 week I'm surprised at how much pace I picked up. Tuesday was 3k w/u 4x1k w/ 2 min jog recovery then 2k w/d and my k splits were 3:31, 3:31, 3:27, 3:24. Stoked with that as I've never broken 3:30 for a k ever.

Have a bit of a cold at the moment so could complete the tempo run last night (planned on 4k @ 4:45/k then 6k @ 4:00/k then 3k @ 5:00/k) so just ended up with 6k in around 27:30.

In 3 weeks I'll be doing a 100k trial race which will be my guide for Caboolture. If I run sub 11hrs (closer to 10hrs) then I'll consider doing Caboolture 24hr, but if not then 200k is not a reasonable goal and I won't go. I'm really enjoying running fast at the moment and want to get my times down.

Aside from Caboolture, I also want to focus on the Busso IM marathon and put in a good sub 3hr performance there and then carry some form over for a cracking 6-Inch. Hopefully I can finish the year better than it started.

Nate

No comments: