Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What Now

Well I need to say thanks for everyone who has given me advice on training and how to handle this injury - it has really helped. I'll be scaling back training a little and will cut back a lot of my long runs, the focus will be on strength training and running the long runs a little quicker. Heel/calf raises will be introduced to try and get on top of the injury, which is doing much better than it was.

I've managed to do 2 x 30 min runs the last 2 days with last nights run being a little quicker. I've scraped the 80k that was planned for next Friday and will most likely do a 50k option instead to trial my race strategy for Caboolture - 30 min run, 2-3 min walk. I suppose, my ideal final few weeks would be around 130-140k/week with long runs of 40k and 50k. Not the 170k+ that I would like, but this has been the best block of training I've ever done (812k in 6 weeks @ 135.3k/week). I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life (apart from the injury) and feel confident that I can put in a good show @ Caboolture if I can get there in 1 piece.

Thanks

No comments: