Monday, August 4, 2008

Training

Well I've managed to get over that little achillies problem and back into some reasonable k's last week (122k). Hoping for about 130-40k this week as my last week before the taper to Caboolture. Not sure if I'll get there this week, might right calf was really tight this morning and I had to walk a little. I'm pretty sure it's just a combination of lots of tough hills last week (Wed, Thur, Sat) and also umpiring 2 games of footy (lots of running backwards which works your calves). Nothing to worry about but might need to just ease into the week.

Long run this week will be a 4-5hr run starting @ 8am Friday morning. I originally had another evening run planned but realized that the 24hr race begins @ 9am so I better get used to running through the day. This will be a good opportunity to trial my race plan and food requirements.

Flights and accommodation are all booked. Flying out Wed afternoon to arrive in Brisbane about 7:30, train to Caboolture and it will be about 10:00pm. Will have a mighty fine rest on Thursday, and go down to watch the 48hr start on Friday. Man I can't wait this is going to be amazing!

Nate

No comments: