Monday, August 18, 2008

Taper Time

Well it's officially taper time again with the plan being to run about 60k this week of fairly 'cruisy' k's. The local footy season is over as I am a coach and not allowed to run finals so it's just a matter now of resting and freshening up for the 30th. I actually started my caffiene fast on Sunday and I reckon that will be one of the toughest parts of the taper for sure. No coffee for almost 2 weeks - AHHHHHHH! Hopefully it will pay off, not sure though, we'll have to see.

I'm feeling good after last week, some good solid runs and very happy with the long run on Friday. I started @ 2pm and it was about 22 degrees which doesn't sound too warm but it was out in the sun. Ran the first 14k hard in 1:03 and continued to go hard until about 21k when I had a 5 min walk/food break. Finished the 32k in 2:27.04 which was good considering the rolling hills along the course.

There won't be much to say for the rest of the week so will probably check in just before I fly out.

Nate

No comments: