Thursday, August 28, 2008

Made it to Caboolture yesterday and spent most of today walking around exploring. Bought a few more race goodies which should be enough to get me through. May as well write a list of food I have: Pringles x 2 (lg), shapes (cheddar) x 2, loaf of bread, honey, gu x 7, rice pudding x 6, protein bars x 3, tuna tempters x 2, museli bars x 6, up and go x 3, pasta meals x 2, red bull x 1, 1.25ltrs coke x 1, cup of soup x 4. Hope it's enough, hot food is available every 6hr also + sportsdrink as well, I estimate I'll need between 6000-7000 calories.

Temperature today was pretty warm - about 23-25 - and it was definitely more humid than perth. This will be a huge factor in the race and I'll still be fairly conservative during the heat of the day. The really tough thing is that I was looking at the train routes and noticed that only 2 stops away is a station called 'Glasshouse Mountains!' ARGH! I'm so close but can't go running there, next time.

Haven't done much running this week just resting up. walked around for about 2-3hrs todays which was fairly tiring. Looking forward to the start of the 48hr tomorrow, it's the first time I'll see the track .

more to come

No comments: