Sunday, August 10, 2008

Training

Well although last week wasn't the 130k+ that I was hoping for, I'm still happy. The tight calf threatened to completly write off the training week but I managed to recover enough for a respectable week of 107k (would have been more but had some blister issues on Sunday). My long run was a run to Madurah along the railway line service Road and then catch the train home. Went through 32k in 2:50 with 4 short walk breaks to eat and recover a little, which worked well and I felt fine. My calf really tightened up after 3hrs and had to walk for the next 20-25 minutes, then managed to run the last few k's.

It turned out to be a good 4hr+ run and about 40k, the encouraging thing was that apart from the tight calf (which was nothing to do with this run) I actually felt fine. I am feeling confident of a good performance at Caboolture and it's just a matter of getting the body right between now and then. I'll do another 30k+ run this Friday (probably the same course without the last few k's) and would like about 120k this week but this depends on how I feel. With only 2 weeks before race week I'm not too concerned about weekly k's, just getting everything right.

No comments: