Sunday, March 8, 2009

March Week #1

Week started well with 3 days of solid training, although I've had a niggle in my calf since last Saturday's run and it didn't appear to be getting better. It felt like a slight strain and after realizing that I couldn't run it out, I decided I needed to rest up and get it right for Coburg this weekend. Thursday and Friday were complete rest days and I didn't go for a run until Saturday evening but after 4k I thought I should stop. The calf soreness was still there and running wasn't going to help it. Played Cricket on Sunday Arvo which was a nice way to get some exercise without too much running. I was only planning on a 1 week taper for Coburg but it will end up being 10 days, so I'm not too concerned.

Not sure whether I'll run at all this week or not, priority # 1 has to be getting the calf right for Sunday. Went for a 45 min walk this morning to get some exercise in and will do the same every morning this week. If I start to feel better, will throw in some 30 min runs

1 comment:

Rob said...

Have a great 6 hour at Coburg Nate! Let us know how you go.

RobD