Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Some Thoughts

My calf still isn't right, not sure what's wrong with it but rest is really the only thing that seems to help it. As a result of this any significant training over the next 4 weeks is not really an option and I just have to manage whatever I can.

All this has me thinking that maybe Coburg isn't going to be the race to break 200k. So far nothing is really going to plan, the last 5 weeks have been average and my biggest problem will be coping with the 400mtr loops. Frustrating is the only word to discribe it really, I mean I'm in great shape, have worked my butt off this year and I may not even get to show what kind of form I'm in because the short loops will trash my legs after only a few hours. Don't get me wrong, I'll give it a red hot go (or a slow steady go) but I'm preparing myself to not get 200k this time.

If I fail in this attempt, I'll probably return to Caboolture later in the year to attempt the 200k again. Nicer track, surface and with 180k there last year I'd be confident of a significant improvement. It's still 7 weeks before the Commonwealth Champs so the window will still be open for this year.

This is not a whinge post, rather me just coming to terms with what might happen in a few weeks

1 comment:

trailblazer777 said...

sometimes you have to whinge a bit, to get off the chest the worries that are swirling around, and by blogging you not only get some closure, but, you often think of ways to move forward as a result...one of the major reasons to blog imo, is so you can maintain progress despite obstacles. How long are the laps at Caboolture I am curious to know? Mabe Tim E., or Mick F. has some dieas on how to cope with the 400m loops, or maybe you need to start training onn a 400m or 800m track or something...Ive been running an 800m loop on oval near our new place in Beeliar, whatever you do remember we are here to worship our Maker and how we do that can be in many different ways...