Sunday, November 1, 2009

I'm Back

Finally home after over 3 weeks in Malaysia and China and getting ready for a busy few months. Baby due in less than 4 weeks, IM Marathon on Dec 5th and Six Inch on 20th then training really begins for my next 24hr assault.

Managed 61k and 75k/week repsectively in China which was great and a 2hr run during the first week. Much of the second week was at altitude with 2 days in Kunming (1950m), 3 days in lijiang (2400m) including about 2hrs at 3300m, then another 2 days in kunming (1950m). I felt the difference and posted some distance PB's over some well used 1hr courses in my first few days back.

Looking to build the k's and some quality tempo runs over the next few weeks in prep for the IM Marathon. Revised my goal from sub 3hr to sub 3:10 and a pb as I think the midday start will have a large impact. 34k run last week into a howling wind the whole way. Was still running under 5min/k @ 20k then fell apart a little. A combination of the wind tiring my legs, the midday start (I was really hungry and only had 3 gels) and not having run over 2hrs in 3 weeks. Still good to get back out there again.

I would like to alternate long runs between trail and road over the next month. This week will be a 32k road run(with hills) and the plan will be to run sub 5min/k by as much as possible. Next week I'll head bush for about 40k.

Also want to do the Peninsula 10k next Sunday to get a bit of speed in the legs.

Nate

2 comments:

trailblazer777 said...

altitude training in China just like Epi...that'd be right...I might head down to the Peninsular run too, 5k probably for me...Kathryn curious how Kate is going...all the best with the IM plans sounds cool! certainly the midday start is going to impact things...

Nate said...

Hey TB, long time no see! Kate is going well, only 3 1/2 weeks to go now so getting a little anxious. Altitude was a bonus really, it was a work trip but couldn't pass up the opportunity to get in some good training. Hope to see you at the Peninsula run.